Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sick Day

Every mommy knows there is no such thing as a sick day. In a severe case, perhaps one's husband can stay home from work. But alas, this option is currently unavailable to me. In the last 10 months, I have been debilitating ill 5 times (ie: unable to remain vertical for any length of time). This is an unusually high number for me. I have had strep throat, pneumonia, and 3 separate bouts with a stomach virus. Below, I will attempt to break down the math behind today's "sick day" (which actually started yesterday around 4pm)
meals cooked...0
oven pizzas eaten...1
leftovers reheated...2 (one of which was leftover oven pizza)
unneeded snow days that I was thankful for since I couldn't possibly drive...1
movies watched...1
hours of Wii played...? (I choose not to count)
NPT shows watched...2
books read once the room stopped spinning...4
naps taken...1 (if you only count the sleeping done in a bed)
perfectly wonderful children neglected for the day...2
limbs broken...0
successful sick day...1
Perhaps a resolution to take a daily multivitamin is in order?

No comments: