
I have always wished that I could play an instrument. As a child, I took piano lessons for several years. My talents never seemed to match the number of years I had been plunking away at it. I like to blame the fact that I am left handed. My piano teacher used to always chastise me for playing the bass clef too loudly. I quit in middle school, and I have never regretted it (like many people say they do). Perhaps it is because I don't really care to do things that I'm not very good at, but I can't say for sure. Just after college, I decided I should learn to play the accordion. This was almost entirely inspired by the Indigo Girls and their use of the instrument in some of their songs. It is possible that I had a secret hope that they would hire me as the band nurse/accordion player. I may or may not have had a dream along those lines at some point. It seemed a natural progression since the piano had been such a success...but alas, as far as I ever progressed in that endeavor was holding the instrument (I even took a picture!). Just over a month ago, I asked Marc to teach me to play the guitar. He started me off with a few chords, then I started tracking down charts on the internet to learn more. What I lack in aptitude, I make up in commitment. It has been amazing to start learning to play songs that I love. For Mother's Day, Marc and the kids got me a guitar. This is the first instrument that I have ever actually owned. So now I can't give up. I will almost surely never play in public, but I'm officially learning!
4 comments:
Rock on, girl! What is her official name?
Never say never! You might end up on the worship team one day! :-)
I LOVE it! And I love the picture!!
Oops...that was me, Alina.
Post a Comment