Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Music is my Boyfriend

I love music. Love it. While I myself am not particularly musically inclined (aside from carrying a tune, maybe even a harmony from time to time), I consider myself a connoisseur of sorts. I have had the opportunity to enjoy multiple artists live and in person. Aside from seeing the Indigo Girls in concert more than 10 times, I have also rocked out to the following artists:

Sara Bareilles Natalie Merchant
Bela Fleck Counting Crows
Coldplay Ingrid Michaelson
Snow Patrol Ginny Owens
Sheryl Crow Amy Ray
Dave Matthews Band Rebecca St. James
Dixie Chicks KT Tunstall
NKOTB The Weepies
Jars of Clay John Mayer
Third Day Sarah McLachlan
Switchfoot Norah Jones

This list is by no means comprehensive. I'm sure there are some I have forgotten. What a privilege to be present and take in the talent of these artists. I always come away marveling and thankful for people who make this world a more beautiful place, aesthetically speaking.

No comments: